Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

New church family

Today was the second and last official commissioning service for my new church family - Highrock Quincy.  Our parent church, Highrock (in Arlington) sent out a group of 44 members about 4 years ago to plant a new church in the Brookline community.  Then this year, they're sending out a group of members to the North Shore (Salem) and another 30-ish members to Quincy.  The Arlington church had a commissioning service last Sunday, April 29th.  It was a great service and quite emotional for many members who have been in Arlington for several years.  I haven't grown such deep roots at this particular church since I only became truly involved this year, but it was still a little sad to think I won't be going back to that particular church any more.  I know it's just a physical building that we call a church, but I'm sentimental.  :)  I am very excited to be helping start something new in Quincy though!

So today, the Brookline church sent out 20-ish of their members to join us, and those of us who got the boot already from Arlington attended the service with them.  It's really exciting and a little daunting to know that this is it - no going back now!  I really want to grow deeper in my faith through this and also to just serve God and people more.  We'll see where He leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment