Followers

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Movie night

Occasionally I get on a classic movie kick to catch up on all those movies I really should have seen by now.  Last night = Oklahoma!  The exclamation point is apparently part of the title.  :)  It was so fun!  Lots of good sing-a-longs and great dance sequences.  But...what kind of an ending was that?!?  Since Oklahoma! should be well-past watched on most people's lists, I'm going to type some specifics about the end, but just in case you haven't seen it yet and don't want to read about the ending, here's your final SPOILER ALERT!  Here's my issue:  how does Laurey just traipse off on her honeymoon so calmly the day after Judd was killed by her fiance (okay, it was kind of an accident, and Curly obviously didn't TRY to kill him, but still)!  I found it to be a little bit disturbing.  I mean, she's the one who accepted his offer to take her to the dance!  I don't like to use the term "she led him on", but she kind of did!  I'm not saying Judd was a nice guy, but I found it a little abrupt for an ending.  I guess that's just life on the frontier for you.

After the movie was over, I went to the menu on the DVD and they had a sing-a-long option...so I did.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment