Followers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2000 Miles

...is the name of a Coldplay song - okay, actually it's a cover of a song by The Pretenders, but I ADORE the Coldplay version obviously.  I suppose it's only obvious if you know that I am a Coldplay fanatic.  I LOVE THEM!  The first time I heard them was in the summer of 2000.  I was in London doing my humanities project, and I became great friends with this other young woman from WPI (Heather).  She and I had just finished our big papers and we had a free day.  We went to visit one of the other kids in his flat, and he was watching the Glastonbury festival on TV and this "new band", Coldplay, was up next.  Heather and I were instantly hooked and found our chance to bring back some authentic Brit music back to the US with us.  Little did we know what a HUGE hit they would be!

Anyway, I heard this song, 2000 Miles, on Coldplay's website two years ago during Christmas break, and my soon-to-be brother-in-law saw how much I liked it and found me a copy!  I had some computer issues for a while (it got fried in a lightening storm...seriously) and so I couldn't actually download it, and then all of a sudden today, it came to me - I CAN LISTEN TO IT NOW!  So here I am, just chillin to Coldplay.

I love music.  I can easily just get lost in a beautiful orchestral arrangement, or sad lyrics, or a memory I'm reminded of by a song, and it's wonderful.  Something about it just tugs at my heart strings, and tears (happy or sad!) just start to trickle.  Ahhhh, I love it.  :)  Up next on the playlist - Bon Iver, Bon Iver.  I am still in love with For Emma, Forever Ago, (Wolves is a good one on that album) but I'm ready to learn to love another album!

PS - I don't care that 2000 Miles is technically a Christmas song, I'm still gonna play it again right now.  : p

No comments:

Post a Comment