Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Busy bee

I'm always telling people how busy I am, but I have a hard time explaining what it is exactly that I'm so busy doing.  Since I'm now trying out this whole blogging thing, I figured I'd write out what a week-in-the-life looked like for me:
Sunday - Easter extravaganza!  I greeted people at my church's morning service, then manned the cotton candy machine after that for a few hours for our after-service picnic.  After helping clean up, I headed to a friend's house for Easter dinner (which was a mix-'n-match of Korean food and traditional ham and potatoes...yum!)
Monday - after work, I headed out to dinner with my "old girlfriends".  These are 3 wonderful ladies who happened to graduate 2 years ahead of me, so the only way I could categorize them to my other friends was to call them "old".  We went to The Helmund, which serves Afghani food - just another delicious restaurant in Cambridge!  Then around 10pm, I did my usual pick-up of leftover breads at Panera to take to church for donations to a local housing complex.
Tuesday - Small group night!  This week, it was my turn to lead the Bible study (which meant all my free time Sat, Sun, and Mon was working on that) - we read through Isaiah 40:12-26.  It's all about God as Creator and how He is in control of all circumstances.
Wednesday - Orthodontist appt right after work.  :(  My stupid "permanent" retainer partially popped off YET AGAIN and I needed to get it removed.  That's a whole other story.  Then off to volleyball and a drink (more specifically, the Champagne of Beers!) at our team's favorite dive, Paddy's.
Thursday - Another fun birthday dinner, this time with Jillian and Jenn, ladies who used to work at MassBiologics with me.  We went to Typhoon Asian Bistro - YUM!  Lots of sushi and deliciousness.
Friday - AGD had senior rededication, which is where the we as alumnae welcome the senior class officially into the ranks of the alums.  Then we headed to the Sole for a drink (and more sushi!!).  The girls were in the middle of Teeter-totter-a-thon, so we all stopped by WPI's quad to show our support.  I didn't make it back to Cambridge until 1am!
Satuday - Breakfast at McD's with one of my pastors and a couple other people from the Quincy church plant to talk about the new webpage we're going to use for our new church.  Then I drove down to Taunton to visit my friend Lisette and her dog Lola.  It was a fantastic day of just lounging around, eating, and narrowly avoiding disaster with an oven that had a mind of it's own...stupid clean cycle!
Sunday (today) - great sermon this morning about Jesus' first miracle - turning water into wine at a wedding.  There is so much symbolism there that I just never bothered to think about, very cool.  Then this afternoon was Quincy prayer meeting followed by cooking Pupusa's and Tres Leches cake for a potluck in honor of one of our small group members and her husband - they're pregnant with their first!

So that's what I'm so busy doing all the time.  :p  I'm exhausted after writing this!

1 comment:

  1. You need to add a follow me link or a subscribe button so that I can be alerted every time you post!

    ReplyDelete