Followers

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Long time, no write!

Oh dear, June was a busy month for me!  Sadly, I don't take photos, so I can't put my month into pictures, but I'll try to sum up the highlights in a few words:

  • Alpha Gamma Delta - that's my sorority, and the past couple of years I've been not only doing finance advising (which I feel like I'm still not very good at) but also helping our House Association raise money for a new house.  In the process, I've made friends with one of my chapter's (Zeta Zeta) founding members.  She is FANTASTIC, and I spent a whole afternoon with her just chatting and writing Thank-you notes to alumnae who donated to our cause.  It was fantastic!
  • Oregon - that's my homestate, and normally I visit a couple times a year.  This month, I flew out for my baby sister's graduation and it was WONDERFUL!  Admittedly I was feeling not-so-excited about the trip beforehand, since travel plans were a little uncertain, and I thought for sure Baby-Boat (Shannon) would be too busy with her high school friends to hang out much, but quite the contrary.  We bowled, laughed, and hung-out to my heart's content.  I loved seeing mom, dad, Jo-and-the-boys, Catie, Tracy-in-Olympia, and Baby-Boat.  Lots of great memories were made, see Tracy's blog for fun pics.
  • Keane - that's one of my favorite bands, and I got to see them live at Boston's House of Blues for a great show with my friend Sonja.  Their new album (Strangeland) was released this year and is FABULOUS!  Check them out and take a listen for sure - You Are Young is a great place to start.
  • Shakes and Sarah's wedding - these are two of my good friends and they were just married on June 30th.  Shakes is a good friend from college (WPI), and so the Institute Group (the core group of my friends that all met freshman year in the dorm call Institute Hall) got together for a week beforehand in a rented farmhouse in NY farmland.  AMAZING.  It really was a great trip, filled with lots of food and hanging out.  The week culminated in a beautiful countryside wedding and I already miss my friends.  CONGRATS, SCHUMACHERS!
There it is, June all nice and summed up.  I hope to write more than one blog post this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment